Subsidy Tracker, the Good Jobs First database on economic development subsidy awards, has begun its expansion from state programs to local ones. To kick things off, we have added more than 20,000 listings from New York City, Chicago and Miami.
The bulk of these are entries from NYC-specific programs that had been collected by our affiliate Good Jobs New York for its Database of Deals. Each item displays basic information while also providing a link to the GJNY website for additional details. We also have data on Chicago’s tax increment financing program going back to the late 1980s as well as info for Miami-Dade County’s Targeted Jobs Incentive Fund. We haven’t forgotten about state programs. Among the new entries are training reimbursement subsidies in Florida, Iowa and Louisiana.
Subsidy Tracker now contains more than 153,000 entries from 335 programs in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Here is a complete list of the latest additions:
- Florida: Incumbent Worker Training (FY2010 to Apr 2012)
- Florida: Miami-Dade County: Targeted Jobs Incentive Fund (2003 to May 2012)
- Florida: Quick Response Training (FY2010 to Apr 2012)
- Illinois: Chicago: Tax Increment Financing (1987 to May 2012)
- Iowa: Industrial New Jobs Training (260E) (2002 to May 2012)
- Louisiana: LED FastStart (2009 to 2011)
- Nevada: Personal Property Tax Abatement (FY1999-FY2008)
- Nevada: Real Property Tax Abatement (FY1999-FY2008)
- New York: NYC: Commercial Growth Project (1986 to 2011)
- New York: NYC: Industrial Incentive Program (1986 to 2011)
- New York: NYC: Job Creation and Retention Program (2002 to 2009)
- New York: NYC: Manufacturing Facilities Bond (1986 to 2011)
- New York: NYC: Small Firm Attraction and Retention Grant (2002 to 2008)
- New York: NYC: Small Industry Incentive (1986 to 2011)
- New York: NYC: World Trade Center Business Recovery Grant (2001 to 2004)
- Texas: Enterprise Zones (2003 to 2010)